Thread: No VMs available after logging into vCenter Server

No VMs available after logging into vCenter Server

After logging into a vCenter server with valid credentials, I am unable to see any VMs. The Convert Virtual Machine Wizard for Server 2008, clearly says this is an available option. "To browse multiple hosts and select virtual machine(s), enter the IP address or name of vCenter server. Due to security requirements we have in place, I am not permitted to log directly into a VMware host. Please advise.

Administrator
    Hi mstout,

What VMware and Hyper-V versions are you currently running on?

Alexander

At this point, I'm only interested in VMware. I have tried connecting to both vCenter v6.0.0 and vCenter v5.5 and neither of them display any VMs.

Administrator
    mstout, 5nine V2V Easy Converter for Server 2008 is only able to perform conversions from older versions of VMware to older versions of Hyper-V (2008 R2 SP1).
    You can try connecting to vCenter 5.5 via the standard version of the product.
    There is a significant performance degradation, when connected via vCenter, so this type of connection is not recommended/guaranteed - you may want to talk to your security team to let you connect to ESXi hosts directly.

Alexander