Thread: Log into vcenter = no vm's

Hi

When i log into vcenter i cannot see any vm's.
    i have tested local admin, domain admin and vspere.local account.
    i have converter 6.4, esxi 6 and enterprice Version of esxi.
    any solution. ??

Hello Wolfen,

Please make sure that you are conneting directly to ESXi host (not to vCenter) as the 5nine V2V Easy converter uses host-to-host conversion method.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello Wolfen,

Please make sure that you are conneting directly to ESXi host (not to vCenter) as the 5nine V2V Easy converter uses host-to-host conversion method.

Thanks!
    So then why does the wording on the wizard of this tool say "To browse multiple hosts and select virtual machines, enter in the IP address or name of a vCenter Server"? This was a feature that sold me on this tool and had my company purchase it yet I'm not able to see anything but my datacenters, no hosts or vms, unless I connect directly to one host. I thought a feature was selecting vms from multiple hosts to convert?

ChrisMc73 - were you able to resolve this? I just downloaded the eval, and am experiencing the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mstout View Post
    ChrisMc73 - were you able to resolve this? I just downloaded the eval, and am experiencing the same issue.
    Nope, I wasn't. Our vCenter manages hundreds of hosts with thousands of VMs, apparently 5Nines didn't test their software out on something this large, maybe one host with a few VMs, but nothing enterprise sized.
    I wasn't able to get them to help me fix this, had me running in circles with little things to try here and there, but nothing ever made this work "as advertised"...
    Last edited by ChrisMc73; 03-21-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Same with us. Were you able to login to a single host? I know I won't be able to do this here. From what I know, the only ID configured on hosts is "root", and our security team will never provide me that password.

Quote Originally Posted by mstout View Post
    Same with us. Were you able to login to a single host? I know I won't be able to do this here. From what I know, the only ID configured on hosts is "root", and our security team will never provide me that password.
    Correct, I can log into each host but I'm on the server team so I know and use the root account. It has to have root to get all the VMs on the host.