Thread: Current license or ESXi version prohibits execution of the requested operation

Current license or ESXi version prohibits execution of the requested operation

VMWare ESXi 5.5u2
    Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V

Running V2V converter as admin on the 2012 R2 host server. Everything connects and the workflow is uneventful until I click Finish. V2V spits out "Current license or ESXi version prohibits execution of the requested operation" and exits/closes. Trace attached.

I've tried converting Windows VMs, Ubuntu VMs, online, offline... doesnt matter.

Would love to get this working as we are looking at the Full version for batch conversions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Mike, so the conversion process has not even started, correct?

That's correct. I get all the way through the setup process, then as soon as I click "Finish", it immediately throws the error and no conversion takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD096 View Post
    That's correct. I get all the way through the setup process, then as soon as I click "Finish", it immediately throws the error and no conversion takes place.
    Can I ask you to take a screenshot of VM settings step (before clicking finish) and the screenshot of the error itself?

Im having exactly the same problem. Do you have any updates to a resolution? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by islotey View Post
    Im having exactly the same problem. Do you have any updates to a resolution? Thanks.
    Hello islotey,

Please provide us with information: what version of ESXi are you using right now? What version of the 5nine V2V Easy Converter? Could you please also attach a converterTrace.log file which is located withing the installation folder and with a screen-shot of VM configuration step.

Note, that VMware VM should be powered OFF before conversion starts.

BR,
    Eugene

Hello - I upgraded to the latest version of 5nine - 6.1 and this solved the issue. Thanks.

I upgraded to 6.2 and had same initial error ("Current license or ESXi version prohibits execution of the requested operation"). I just saw Eugene's note about powering off the VM first, so I tested with a VM we arent using and it looks like its working!

Better error capture/analysis would have saved a ton of time if the app had stated that the VM was on and needed to be turned off first! Even better, since we already provide VM host credentials, alert the user that the VM needs to be off, and give the option to send a VM shutdown command so the migration can proceed without having to start all over.