Thread: VM Guest Console Display Issues

VM Guest Console Display Issues

New user to Hyper V and 5nine Manager.

I've got Hyper V Server set to native resolution for my monitor (1600x1200). If I set my VM to the same resolution and enter full screen mode I get scroll bars even though I should not.

If I set my VM to 1024x768 and run windowed I cannot make the window big enough to get rid of the scroll bars. Tried setting it to 800x600 and my window just got forced even smaller so that the window still wouldn't fit the VM display.

Is this a limitation of the free version? I can't find anything stating such. If not, is there a way to eliminate these scroll bars and see the whole screen? The only thing that works now is I set the VM to a lower resolution and then full screen mode.

Thanks!

Hello unL33T,

Please, try to use another Guest Console. To choose another one, go to View -> Options. In the Guest Console choose Free RDP based client. By the way, if you also click on the "Smart Sizining" check-box, you will be able to change a client window size without changing a resolution for the VM, which is also can be helpful to get better convenient view.

Best Regards,
    Eugene

Hi, I was having an issue with the console being unable to connect to any of my VMs. Changing the RDP client to the Free RDP client resolved my issue! Just wanted to let everyone know.