Thread: Freeze at Downloading File

Freeze at Downloading File

Hello,

I have been trying to convert a VM from ESXi 5.0 to WS2008R2 SP1 for a while with no luck. The guest OS to be moved is Ubuntu 11.04.

I get through everything but it always seems to lock up while downloading a file. It finishes a file then never moves to the next file. When I repeat the steps, sometimes it downloads a few files then locks up, other times it only downloads a file then freezes. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Administrator
    Hello zeroecko,

Please make sure, that you are using 2008 R2 SP1 version of 5nine V2V Easy Converter (EasyConverter2008_R2_SP1.ZIP archive).
    Any reason for you not to use Hyper-V 2012 or 2012 R2?

Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Hello zeroecko,

Please make sure, that you are using 2008 R2 SP1 version of 5nine V2V Easy Converter (EasyConverter2008_R2_SP1.ZIP archive).
    Any reason for you not to use Hyper-V 2012 or 2012 R2?

Alexander
    I did make sure of that. It will freeze on different files. Sometimes its the first, others its the 6th. Not sure, but 1 file is 130GB, so when it makes it past that and freezes, it is frustrating... I am trying to copy the files it already copied to try to trick it to bypass those next time. I will report back if that at least gets me past the freezing...

Administrator
    Hello zeroecko,

Do you have any updates?

I would still advise you to use Hyper-V 2012 R2 instead of 2008 R2 SP1.
    Download free Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2, and use 5nine Manager for Hyper-V Free Edition to configure that locally.

Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Hello zeroecko,

Do you have any updates?

I would still advise you to use Hyper-V 2012 R2 instead of 2008 R2 SP1.
    Download free Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2, and use 5nine Manager for Hyper-V Free Edition to configure that locally.

Alexander
    Unfortunately I did not, however I believe that it is the server causing the issue, not the software. The server has exhibited some other issues with other transferring software as well. I am working on transferring everything off of the server now. We will be decommissioning it.

Thanks for following up.