Thread: Failed to download virtual disk files

Failed to download virtual disk files

I'm attempting to convert a Windows Server 2008 R2 VM over to Hyper-V, and it fails almost immediately after I finish the wizard with the message 'Failed to convert virtual hard disks: Failed to download virtual disk files'.

Here's the converterTrace.log: http://pastebin.com/0gAnCjnD

Thanks for your time.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarvajal View Post
    I'm attempting to convert a Windows Server 2008 R2 VM over to Hyper-V, and it fails almost immediately after I finish the wizard with the message 'Failed to convert virtual hard disks: Failed to download virtual disk files'.

Here's the converterTrace.log: http://pastebin.com/0gAnCjnD

Thanks for your time.
    Hello jcarvajal,

Please make sure that:
    1. You are using the latest version of 5nine V2V Easy Converter (3.3 at this moment).
    2. Make sure, that VMware VMs, that you are about to convert, don't have any snapshots.
    3. Launch 5nine V2V Easy converter on a destination Hyper-V host under local admin account.
    4. Connect directly to ESXi host.

Alexander
    Last edited by Alexander; 07-28-2014 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Numbering typo

I have made sure of the first three points, but can you expand more on the fourth? I'm pretty sure I am doing that, since another VM converter I've tried was able to transfer the virtual disks to the conversion machine with no problem. Is that something that's taken care of in the Converter's gui?

Administrator
    jcarvajal, I have highlighted the direct ESXi host IP on the screen shot, for your reference.
    5nineV2VEasyConverter_ESXi.jpg

Ok, I've made sure I'm doing all of those things (including the upgrade to 3.4), and I'm still getting the same error.

Administrator
    Is there a way, you can rename your datacenter from "ProdDev%2fQA%2fBRT" to something simple, i.e. just "ProdDev"?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Is there a way, you can rename your datacenter from "ProdDev%2fQA%2fBRT" to something simple, i.e. just "ProdDev"?
    The datacenter was renamed to 'ProdDev', and the virtual disks were able to be downloaded and converted. Unfortunately, the conversion fails with the error "Failed to convert virtual machine 'AZURE-QAODY1'. Failed to provision a new virtual machine."

Strangely, the converterTrace file has not been updated. The last log in there is still about failing to download the disks a week ago. What could have disabled the logger? I haven't touched anything in the directory besides running the executable and opening converterTrace.

Administrator
    jcarvajal, please download the newest build of 5nine V2V Easy Converter.
    Uninstall the previous version and try the conversion again.