Thread: Console window immediately closes

Hybrid View

Console window immediately closes

We're currently testing version 4 in our environment. So far everything looks good when connecting to standalone Hyper-V machines, however when we try to connect to anything in our cluster the console window pops up and immediately closes, Cluster is running 2012. We're using the latest version of Hyper-V manager and Net 4.5 and have the same problem on multiple workstations.

Administrator
    Hello mamodeo,

Which build number of 5nine Manager for Hyper-V 4.0 are you using (you can get that info from Help->About 5nine Manager for Hyper-V)?

Please attach the following logs
    %\ProgramData\5nine\5nine Manager for Hyper-V\Logs\5nine.VmConsole.txt
    %\ProgramData\5nine\5nine Manager for Hyper-V\Logs\5nine.Manager.txt

Alexander

Attached one log. The other isnt being generated 4.0.221.1 is the version.

Since this installed I cant even connect to the cluster anymore. If I try to add the cluster machines individually only 2 of 4 will add. The other 2 never even show up as added in the list, no errors.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator
    Mamodeo, please install the latest version of 5nine Manager from our website and let me know if this fixes the issue.
    The latest build available on our web site is: 4.0.311.1

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Mamodeo, please install the latest version of 5nine Manager from our website and let me know if this fixes the issue.
    The latest build available on our web site is: 4.0.311.1
    It works, it seems our root issue was tied to WMI. We had to restart the WMI service on several of the machines in the cluster. Now we need to find the root cause of the WMI issues as it's happened several times in various machines in the cluster.